Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bunny heaters and other stuff

Gosh, it's been 3 months since I was last here? How time flies...I had no idea it had been that long. I have been extremely busy with my new career choices, plus my rabbits keep me as busy as anything along the way.

Last week it got real cold here in Florida. 28 degrees is frigid to me so you know it was down right miserable for my rabbits. I knew it was going to be getting cold so two days before it got here, I checked the heaters in the Bunny Barn to make sure they were working. Would you believe they would not even come on. I went into panic mode as they were brand new. I called the company that installed them and they sent a repairman out to see what the problem was. Turns out, the breakers were off in the electric panel. Duh! I felt like a total idiot. While the repairman was here, he checked out the units to make sure they were working and they were. He didn't even charge me for checking them and believe it or not, he paid me. Yep, he left a donation for the rabbits and I tell you now, I was speechless and happy at the same time. I usually get charged for everything that needs to be worked on. Thank you Mr. repairman. People like him are rare to encounter. I'm glad I checked them in advance now or I might have had a lot of frozen bunnies, which means dead ones. If that had happened, I think I would have hung myself. It taught me to make sure things work beforehand though, and anyone reading this should do the same when in a similar situation.

At my last count, I had 285 rabbits. That's 32 less than last month which means someone is getting early Christmas presents. I hate when they have to leave, but I'm also happy at the same time as they are getting healthy and happy rabbits either for themselves or as gifts. They make great gifts for someone that is used to being busy and want a great pet. I don't recommend them as a gift to lazy "don't want to do anything people" though, as the rabbits need a lot of care and love.

Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment