Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Bunny Thief

I know it's been two months since my last post but I have been super busy this summer.

After Megan and I got back from our fabulous trip to Ireland, in which we stayed an extra week, my to do list grew from 20 things to over 80 things to do before college started. To make things short, I never got any of those things done that I wanted to do being a certain person wanted to make my life interesting.

I will back up a bit. While I was away for 5 weeks, 15 of my rabbits up and went missing. Not all at one time either. No one even realized it until I arrived back home and I counted them. I was frantic for the first time in my life being I had never had a miscount like I had. I counted them 10 times and came up with the same number each time. I checked the receipts of the adopted ones and still the count was off. I began looking around the bunny barn to see if there was a hole of some kind where they might be getting out, Nope. No holes, no nothing. I was puzzled!




Another week went by and two more came up missing. I was mad now. Somehow deep within me I felt someone was taking them. I mean there was no other way for them to just vanish like they were doing. I decided to invest some money in a couple cameras that I set up inside the bunny barn and one outside the door. I told no one I was adding them. A week went by and nothing. No bunnies were missing either.

Two weeks passed now and when I went to check the cam footage, I was shocked! I actually fell over backwards as I couldn't believe who was taking them right before my eyes. I hope he reads this 'cause I'm going to let everyone know who you are now.

It turns out my boyfriend of the last two years was taking them. Yep! My so called trusted other half was taking them and selling them. Brian, you are the worst friend a person can have. You are dirt! To make this shorter, I found out who he sold them too and I gave them back what they paid for them from my own money. I don't sell them. He was broke and needed some quick cash so he stole from me. Loser! Don't ever show your face here again loser. No I didn't call the police, but maybe I should have. I don't know.

Since then, I have a secure bunny barn now with the best cams and security things I could afford. No more taking chances for me. Plus, I have a new boyfriend now who cares and loves me more anyways. He is so sweet too, but that's another blog post. hehe Thanks for being here for me Carl. You are the greatest.

Happy trails everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment