Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Barbie Doll Collector

The more you read my blog, the more you will learn about me. :)

As my many friends will tell you, I am a huge barbie doll fan and collector for my age. I have two of the very first barbie dolls that my mom had back in 1959 when they were created. One is still in the original box. Every year she would collect the new series and store them away. When I turned 8 my mom gave me the whole collection and I was in heaven until she told me I couldn't play with them. What a drag that was.

Now that I am older, I can see her point as they are worth a lot in the original box and mine has never been opened. The original is worth over $4,000 and up to $10,000 from what a person from Mattel has told me in a letter. Mattel makes the dolls.

To date I have a little over 2,100 different dolls. Yes, I am serious. Last year was the special 50th Anniversary and I got all 28 dolls in that series for my birthday. I was blown away as I had never gotten that many at one time before. I also have 14 barbie houses and dream houses, 8 barbie cars and too many sets of clothes for each doll. I have 2 Ken dolls too. Hey, she had to have a date you know? lol Each doll in encased in an individual airtight container and I have a hutch that holds them all.

Barbie's real name is Barbara Millicent Roberts and was created by Ruth Handler, who died in 2002. (RIP!)


This is a remake of the original in 1959 that was released last year for the 50th Anniversary.


This one is the 50th Anniversary doll. It sold last year for $60 brand new and already it has rocketed up to over $300 in just one year. Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing i never known this much about barbie it's amazing. WOW that's alot of barbie that you have i just can't belive it my mom uses to be quite the collector herself until she passed away last year she had many barbie's as well and they were so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. There I was reading about bunnies and WHAM a spider. I hate spiders. As a magician, Ive never produced a bunny from a hat (dont have the patience to look after animals...and travelling too much) but I do produce loads of fruit.
    James James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a barbie collector myself and I also love bunnies and I'm planning to get two new rabbits very soon. Barbies and bunnies are my two great loves in this world :-)
    My favorite Barbies are the BFMC Silkstones and my favorite bunnies are Jersey Woolies.

    ReplyDelete