Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Busy, Busy Day

Today has been one busy day. I got up earlier than usual to get all my chores done being it's a holiday of sorts, went to church and arrived just as service was starting, went out to eat with friends and family afterwards, then came home and jumped right into the middle of an adoption that someone wanted to make happen today. I only jumped in because as I listened in on the conversation between one of our volunteers and the potential new owner from afar, I needed to make sure the new potential owner was right for the bunny. I have this knack of feeling out good people and something didn't sound right about the person wanting to adopt. I don't just let anyone adopt a bunny.

Most that come to our place for an adoption have some sort of message or letter from the animal shelter we do business with, which can't be obtained on a Sunday as they are closed. To make this short, the potential owner said they got a letter from the animal shelter today but they lost it. Sorry, but that don't cut it with me. I told the person they will have to obtain the original letter or get another one on Monday. The person got huffy then. I just turned around and walked the other way. The person then started yelling at me telling me I knew nothing of rabbits and that no kid was going to just walk away from 'her'. I told her that the bunnies were mine and my rules stick. I then told her again, either show me the original letter or get another one on Monday, then I will speak with her, being the shelter was CLOSED today. She left in a huff.

As I sit here now, I doubt she will be back and I don't want her here if she does come back. This is the first time I have ever had an experience like this with a potential owner. I can only imagine what she would be like with the bunny. No, I don't think I want her back and I sure don't want her mean spirited way around a bunny either. I want our bunnies in a good home. I hope this is the end of this with this mean person.

Other than that, it's been a great day. The bunnies are tucked away for the night and now I'm free! Woohoo!

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment