Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekend Chore List

Here it is a Saturday morning and as usual, I'm up at 5am. How many people in this world get up at 5am on a weekend? I know none of my friends do. None! Unlike them, who can sleep until noon, I have chores to do. No one gets me up except for my alarm clock. I have been getting up early my whole life. It also makes for a longer day too which is good when you have other things you want to do after the chore list is finished. The chore list was created by me and only I do the list. What's on the list?
  • Make my bed and straighten my room. (they count as one task.)
  • Make coffee for me and the rest of the fam.
  • Sweep off the rear porch.
  • Feed the rabbits. (this can take an hour to one and half hours)
  • Refill the bunny boxes (they are our cages) with branches and hay, bark, etc.
  • Clean and wash out the rabbit poop bins.
  • Take the trash out from the Bunny Barn. (the place we keep the 300+ rabbits)
  • Sweep and mop the Bunny Barn floor.
  • Make sure the automated water system is working.
  • Make sure the ventilation is working.
  • Make sure the ac or heat is working.
  • Wash the cleaning utensils, sink, and counters. Done!
By now its close to 10am if I get started by 6am, and our volunteers show up to help with keeping the bunnies company and usually there is someone that shows up that wants to adopt or just look at the bunnies. With an average of 20 bunnies being adopted each week and maybe around 35 coming in each week, it can get hectic here on weekends. Thank goodness for the great volunteers who come and help out on weekends, or it could become a headache. My family and friends help each day, so without them, I couldn't do this by myself. Just the chore list is mine and mine only.

Happy trails!

2 comments:

  1. Do you do this everyday or just on the weekends? Cleaning out the poop bins doesn't sound like much fun at all. Yuk! You should save some of the workload for your volunteers. lol

    Cool blog you have.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    If I had our volunteers do some of the stuff on my chore list, they might not show up again. lol

    I do this list everyday of the week. On weekends I do the whole thing at one time and during school days I do part in the morning and the rest when I get home afterwards. Soon it will be a daily thing with summer coming again.

    Thanks for the comments!

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete