Friday, May 31, 2013

Sea Eagle's


Sea Eagle's. Have you ever heard of one? I hadn't until last year when I was researching another bird and I when I came across it I was a little surprised I'd not heard of it before, so I did some research lately on them and found some very interesting facts about them I wanted to share with everyone.  

Pictured above is the white-tailed sea eagle in Scotland, as it snatches a fish from the water. White-tailed sea eagles became extinct in Britain in early to mid part of the 1910's, between 1915 to 1917, and the species disappeared from the wild for over 50 years!!! It wasn't until 1975 that the first reintroduction was carried out, with a total of 140 birds returning to the wild over the course of 20 years. These birds have gone on to establish a very large population of over 80 breeding pairs in and around the islands of Scotland. That's cool.

Happy Trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment