Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In Dingle - Ireland

We are in Dingle, Ireland this week and have been here since Monday. We have a place right on Dingle Bay and it's awesome looking over into the water each day, even though it's been cloudy, windy and cool most of the time. I think the high was maybe 58 today. That's cold to me but it's been worth the trip.

I could live here in an instant. It is so beautiful and relaxing here that I know I, or we, could live here and be very happy. Everywhere we go it's a bright green, meaning it's very wet here. The grass and trees look so healthy and happy. I love it so far. The locals have been just as pleasant and nice too. I feel like I'm in heaven at times.




If you ever come here and want a great place to eat, I have found the best place in Ireland. The food is heavenly and so delicious that my mouth waters just thinking about it each day. It's called Fenton's Restaurant. Click here to view their delicious menu. Megan and I shared the seared Dingle Bay scallops with smoked bacon & crushed potatoes and...and...2 helpings of the Annascaul black pudding for dessert. Oh my gosh! This is living! lol We are planning on going back tomorrow night for the lobster. I'm drooling just thinking about it. lol Yum!

We are going on a guided tour of the Dingle Peninsula tomorrow. These are some of the places on the tour:
Burnham House
Esk Tower
Ventry Harbour
Dunbeg Promontory Fort - An Iron age fort overlooking Dingle Bay
Blasket Islands
Coumineol Strand
Graigue - location of the Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman film "Far and Away"
Clogher Strand
Gallarus Oratory and a few more places.

Megan and I went shopping today and are still finding our way around this quaint little seaside town. We haven't gotten lost yet but we have had some close calls. We came "home" (our condo) for lunch and will be heading back out to do more shopping and sightseeing the rest of today.

That's all the news I have. We are having fun and learning many things here. This has been worth the effort to get here. I woke up this morning and walked out to our rear porch and I thought I was in a dream. That is how beautiful it is here. It's going to be hard for us to leave this place. Very hard!

Happy trails everyone!

2 comments:

  1. One of me mates comes from there, tho I have never been there so :) but I am glad that you are having fun and enjoying Ireland even though its a little bit wet :p Its raining over here as well so doesnt surprise me.. :)

    Hope you have lots of fun <3

    ReplyDelete