Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini Rex Rabbit


I got a family of 4 mini rex's over the weekend that were given to me from a family that is moving overseas and wanted to write something about them for the ones that have never heard of them.

They are derived from the standard rex breed and the Netherland Dwarf. The one pictured is a tri-color mini rex. This particular breed has many varieties: Black, Blue, Blue Eyed White, Castor, Chinchilla, Chocolate, Himalayan, Lilac, Lynx, Opal, Red, Sable Point, Seal, Tortoise, White, and Otter (blue, black, chocolate, lilac). The fur on them has a plush feel to them, much like velour, which the standard rex has too. They are also one of the easiest rabbits to breed and are very good mothers. They excel in the sport of Rabbit Hopping too. I bet you didn't know that was a sport did you? lol

I will be using them for breeding and their first litter I will be keeping for myself, to add to my already large family of personal pets. All future litters will be for adoptions.

2 comments:

  1. i have a rabbit that looks like him but with more orange

    ReplyDelete