Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bunny Babysitter

This is very interesting.

I was in class today and my phone buzzed. That never happens when I'm in class, as I keep it on in case of an emergency. When I saw who the call was from, I immediately asked my teacher if I could be excused, which she gladly said I could be. I called the person back expecting bad news, but was asked a question instead. I was very relieved nothing bad had happened, but I did question why I was called during class as this person knew I was in class. To make this shorter, I was asked if I could babysit a mans rabbits while he went out of town for an emergency. I said, "what? you called me to ask that?" It turns out the man who wanted his rabbits cared for while out of town needed an answer now, so my caller considered that an emergency. Ok, well whatever, that's not an emergency to me, but I did tell him I would care for his rabbits if only he either brought them to me or I would pick them up.

It turns out the man wanted me to come to his house each day while he was gone and care for them, and I told him I couldn't do that. He offered to pay me triple to do it and I still told him I couldn't do that. I don't go to strangers houses or anyones place of residence for that matter while they are out of town for a couple of reasons, which I told him, but he about begged me to do it for him. I don't think he understood what NO meant. I don't have the time to go all over town feeding rabbits. Bringing them to me or me picking them up to be cared for is much easier, as everything I need to care for them is right here. Finally, he agreed to drop them off after much debate. I understand his concern for them, but he has to understand my schedule too. Anyways, 5 more rabbits will be joining us for the next 10 days or so as guests. I will have to put them in our holding area so no one gives them away. lol

Happy trails!

1 comment: