Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jersey Wooly Rabbit

The most adorable of all types of rabbits to me is the Jersey Wooly. They are very small compared to most other rabbits. They range in size from 2 pounds to a little bit over 4 pounds. The one thing that sets this rabbit apart from others is its hair. It can get very long, most around 3 to 4 inches long. It also requires more attention too as it needs to be brushed quite frequently. They are the most gentle rabbit I know of and are easy to train. This rabbit loves to chew on things, like wires. To keep this from happening for this rabbit and all other rabbits, put a small amount of pepper extract on the item that is being gnawed on, and it will deter rabbits from even going near that spot again.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the pepper extract. I never thought of that.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Diane. I'm here to help where I can too. There are other home remedies many use, but we have always used pepper extract and have always had success with it.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom is planning on getting me a bunny for my birthday,and we're looking for small bunnies.Does the Jersey Wooley Rabbit STAY small?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it does. Most do not grow over 4 pounds. Remember though, they require alot of attention and care, more than most domestic rabbits.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting a Jersey Wooly rabbit in about 9 months.

    What size of cage do you recommend? I want a decent amount of room for the Jersey Wooly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't recommend a cage of any kind being the Jersey Wooley's are more like having a cat. They can be litter box trained too, not like other species who refuse to use them. I recommend a large playpen area for the little bundle of joy. They don't like to be stuck in small places and cages serve no purpose for them as far as relaxing and playing. If you have no other choices, use a large cage if possible, like a large dog cage and make sure it has plenty of rabbit toys in it for the rabbit to play with.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete